When I got my first phone, I was excited. Everyone else had already gotten their phones, and I was about to join the rest of the technologically-connected world. Ironically, it wasn't as fun as I thought it would be. Now, my relationship with my friends and family haven't been negatively affected by any of the social media stresses. Why? Well when you rarely have any to begin with, it is a lot easier to go about your daily business without constantly being notified about someone else's daily business.
How you are with social media can mean even more when it comes to academics, such as school. Despite all the problems that students encounter with devices, I think they should be allowed within schools and classrooms. Even though there are a numerous amount of people that are plagued with social media problems that hinder their performance within academic settings, I can guarantee that there are just as many people that use their devices to gain an academic advantage over the rest. I can say this because not all of us use social media the same way. Some people constantly check their phones or tablets for the latest gossip on anyone in school. By the same token, there are those that rarely even check or notice they get updates, much less care about them anyways. I for one am one of the latter.
As much as the use of social media can hinder students from doing their utmost best, some schools are already finding was to put it into their advantage. Mary Ward is one of them. Twitter is just one of the many forms of social media used make the school a more connected place for not just students, but for staff and parents as well. In any case, the use of social media and devices in school isn't so bad after all.

Hello! I like this post because it is short and sweet. You make your point clear and list your reasons with connections to your experiences. To me, what stands out is the very start because my experience getting my cell phone is very similar. For me, I got my Ipod a year before I got my phone and I got my phone out necessity if I'm going out on my own. I didn't actually want a cell phone yet but I got one and my reaction was "K...so now I have a cell phone. Now what?" Up to now, I still use my Ipod a lot more than my cellphone. Back on topic, I'll just say that I agree with your opinions and that the pros of social media outweigh the cons. Thank you for the relateable post!
ReplyDeleteHello! I like this post because it's short and to the point. Your reasons are supported and connections were made to your experiences. What stood out to me most to me is the very start about getting your first cellphone. When I got my cellphone, it wasn't that significant to me. At the time, I got my Ipod a year before and I only got my cellphone out of necessity when going out on my own. I really didn't feel ready and wanted a cell phone, so when I got it, I was like "K... so now what?" Even now, I still use my Ipod more than my cellphone. Back on topic, I'll just say that I agree with your opinions and found them very relateable. Thank you for the relateable post! It was very entertaining.
ReplyDelete